Goal: To apply the understanding of why sharing meals (past infancy) is important to the physical, mental, emotional and social development of children.
Objectives for Parent:
- To build the emotional health of my child during shared meals.
- To develop social skills through family meals.
- To understand & apply parents’ feeding & children’s eating responsibilities.
- To enjoy eating in a restaurant with my child.
- To develop my child’s school readiness skills while sharing meals.
- To use family meals to build life-long healthy practices.
Objectives for Child:
- To join in family meals.
- To increase understanding of words and reading skills at family meals.