Goal: To educate the parent/care-giver/teacher about how diet, exercise and sleep routines affect weight gain. This will also serve as an introduction to the child about the importance of healthy choices.
Objectives for Parents:
- To provide scheduled, pleasant meal and snack times.
- To understand the benefits of new food recommendations. (New WIC food packages and MyPlate).
- To play, exercise and/or move with my child everyday.
- To establish healthy sleep habits.
- To involve my child in food choices and meal preparations.
- To set good eating and exercise examples for a healthy weight.
- To recognize risk factors associated with unhealthy weight gain.
Objectives for Child:
- To eat new foods each week.
- To play outside everyday.
- To get enough sleep each night.